With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought I would share this clean eating pumpkin pie recipe. I try to eat clean as much as possible, and this includes staying away from refined sugar. I also don’t eat dairy which is why I looked for an alternative to your typical pumpkin pie recipe. The clean eating pumpkin pie recipe calls for honey, or maple syrup, and coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
I bought a pre-made crust at Whole foods but if you prefer to make your own – here is a recipe for a whole grain pie crust.
Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 15-oz can unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup BPA-free-canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Premade 8-inch whole-grain pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin purée, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, rice flour, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check for firmness in the center of the pie.